Captain - Temporary / Seasonal - Min exp 2 years - €1120/week - Greece
Skipper - Join the SailTime Charters team in Greece!
Wouldn't you rather be sailing on the same well maintained 51 feet sailboat all season, have the comfort of your own cabin/head and a steady employment instead of having to search for a temporary 7 day job on different charter sailboats each week?
Did you train to work as a professional skipper so you could enjoy the sea, the islands, meting people and showing them the beauty of Greece or did you do all that hard work so you have put up with the uncertainty of "Am I going to work next week? For which company? On what boat? Hopefully somebody will offer me something.."
At SailTime charters we struggle to over the best environment for the skipper and a great experience for the guests. We bend over backwards (and maybe do some flips) to make sure they're happy. We don't ignore their suggestions or requests-we love hearing them as it help us learn, adapt and become better.
We'll be honest. SailTime Charters isn't for everybody. If you hate adapting or if spending hours with customers and brainstorming to find the options that suits them best annoys you, then we're probably not for you. But if you are an enthusiast skipper and you'd like to use your people skills and happy to go the extra mile to make your passengers happy ( and not for convincing a different charter company to use your services next week) then you need to apply.
Our company core values: high customer service, safety, flexibility and professionalism.
Tasks and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for all aspects of running a 7 day charter as well as day sails or mini cruises (2-5 days) on our sailboat. This includes :
- taking care of the vessel itself with all routine maintenance and checks, etc.
- safety of the vessel and passengers,
- maintaining good communications with the managers and respecting their decisions
- briefing the clients on the yacht, itinerary and options ; customizing the program and itinerary to the customers interests and weather conditions
- providing suggestions to the guests for on shore activities, best restaurants, locations ( be their local guide) ; socializing with guests
- complaint resolution
- helping with yacht preparation on turnaround days to ensure the sailboat is ready for the new guests
- water/ snack purchase for day 1 of the charter
- do a general cleaning of the boat mid-way through the charter ; cleaning of the boat in between trips if the situation requires it ( one way trips, unavailability of cleaning lady, etc )
- in case of a damaged/non-working equipment buy and replace the damaged part (costs covered by Owner).
- completing and sending expense report and weekly report on how each charter went.
- follow the Skipper manual and procedures document
• Greek sailing license or Yacht Master with Commercial endorsement
• strong interpersonal skills are essential
• Greek - resident / eligible to work in Greece as self-employed
• perfect knowledge of English
• flexibility, coach-ability and a wish to grow, learn and improve
• willingness to follow instructions, a predefined route and schedule and inform the management when modification are needed
• ability to deal with a crisis in an efficient & effective manner
• a positive attitude, along with organization and service spirit
• good knowledge of engines, and systems onboard
• remaining calm and professional at all times
• experience as professional skipper on charter boats - minimum 2 years
You must be legally able to live and work in Greece.
Salary range : 1050 - 1190 euro per week ; bonus for excellent performers. Guaranteed payment: minimum 17 weeks/ season.