1st Engineer - Rotational - €3000 net - General (Europe)
Sailing-Classics is looking for a new team member to build up steady work relationship based on scheduled rotations. We are looking for candidate s with relevant experience, social skills and the ambition to grow with our company.
We would like to offer a long term contract on a rotational basis.
As engineer you are in charge for all technical items on board, amongst others: the main-engine, outboard-engines, all generators, pumps, all electronics, air-condition, refrigeration, general reparations and maintenance. During daily operations you will be working largely independently. You organize and supervise the crew in all maintenance related items, but you also need to be capable to help and understand the routines on deck during maneuvers. Work close together with the captain to organize the general daily maintenance, to order spare parts in advance and plan shipyard- and maintenance-periods in advance, and have good administration and communication with ship and shore.
• Contact with guests
• Tender driving with guests and crew
• Anchor watches according to schedule
• Handling sails, anchors, ropes, fenders for mooring, etc.
• Cleaning deck, hull, tenders, and the whole vessels’ exterior.
• Organize and clean up engine room, general maintenance all vessel
• Maintenance all technical systems on board; main-engine, outboard-engines, all generators, all pumps, all electronics, air-condition, refrigeration, fresh-, grey-, and Blackwater systems, general reparations and maintenance.
• Depending on the captain in charge and the crew on board your will be amongst others:
• Organize and supervise crew in all technical maintenance tasks
• Organize and order spare parts and tools, and have good administration
• Organize and planning maintenance during shipyards
• In consultation with captain outsource technical jobs/reparations when necessary
• Working with maintenance computer program MARAD
• Assisting in the galley, in service, with shopping when necessary
• Assisting service crew with luggage from guests to bring to their cabins.
• Maintenance of all deck equipment, all vessel
• Painting and varnishing
• Working with maintenance computer program MARAD from Marasoft
• Training and drills with safety equipment
• Know your task on the muster list
• Make suggestions for improvements, notify captain about complaints
• Notify captain what you do, when going on break or to shore
• Be present during the introductions and farewells of our guests.
What you bring:
• Seaman’s book (Monsterboekje) for seafarers
• CoC Rating Deck
• Medical certificate (ENG1)
• Basic Safety (STCW95)
• Speaking fluently English
• Being of EU citizenship (mandatory!)
• BSN number, Dutch social security number (We can help you obtain those)
What you get:
• Working periods 2-3 months, preferable on a rotational, long term basis
• Fair salary (depending on your experience min 100€/day net) + tip
• Sailing-Classics covers travel costs, accommodation, food, etc.
• You may join shore excursions every now and then as well as water sports
• A familial working atmosphere in a small team on board and a young and growing company
For more information please check https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/contact/jobs/
Sailing-Classics CV is based in the Netherlands, and there is a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany.
For questions and a full application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nice company to grow up
I have 5 years with them and always getting rotations, even in Covid time. Started as a deckhand and stepping up to mate and captain. Easy and relaxed guests and usually nice crew atmosphere... Worth to give a try.
11th May 2023