Deckhand - Permanent - Malta
Deckhand Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Deckhands assist others on the vessel in preparing barges for the loading and discharging of products at ports across the inland waterway system.
- Deckhands build and break tow by using lines, wires, ratchets and stationary winches.
- Deckhands perform a variety of tasks which include but not limited to standard housekeeping duties, painting, chipping, transferring rigging, vessel and barge maintenance, midstream fuel transfers, cooking, assisting in making bridges and locks, etc. These duties are performed in all types of weather, day and night, while the vessel is underway.
- Deckhands must be capable of lifting or moving objects that are heavy and awkward.
- Deckhands work under the supervision of the vessel Captain.