Mechanic/Deckhand - Permanent - Malta
The employee must perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of marine engines, marine machinery, and related equipment.
Duties of the Job:
1. Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on gasoline and
marine engines, outboard motors, and related marine equipment and systems using
schematic charts and technical manuals.
2. Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance program for marine engines and related
marine research equipment.
3. Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments.
4. Repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and valves.
5. Operates hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair.
6. Supervises student and temporary employees a minor portion of the employee's work time.
7. Assists in fabrication of equipment.
8. Purchases parts and supplies.
9. Writes specifications for and recommends purchase of marine equipment.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position.