Chief Steward/ess - Rotational - €1.400 - General (Europe)
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Steward*ess on board its 3 sailing yachts
(Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m)
After a familiarisations phase, starting in May 2021, you will work as 1. Steward*ess on one of our sailing yachts. You are responsible for the smooth everyday operation of service/hotel department, management of inventory and lead a team of 2-3 Steward*esses. You should pro-actively see what needs to be done.
Teamwork is an absolute must as well as collaborating with other departments and helping in the galley.
Work experience - ideally on sailing/charter ships- is important as working under deck is a large part of the job.
You should have:
• Hospitable attitude, displaying knowledge of international etiquette in service.
• Good communication and organization skills
• Fast knowledge of, service, housekeeping, drinks (and wines is an advantage), restaurants and activities in cruising areas, table decorations, and table arrangements
• Energetic and flexible personality
• Attention to detail (cleaning, service)
• Multitasking and ability to work under stress
• Ability to overcome seasickness
Sailing-Classics runs yacht-sailing-cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean with 16-26 guests (cabin charter), combining authentic sailing without fixed schedule with great comfort and high-quality service (4 meals a day, good cuisine), water sports, excursions, etc.
As we are sailing continuously with guests, life on board requires a certain lifestyle. Every crewmember represents the company and is responsible for guests’ well-being. Workdays are intense and long. Board language is English (and German, as most guests are German speaking)
Having the following certificates is a big plus, but not mandatory:
• Seaman’s book (Monsterboekje) for seafarers
• Medical certificate (ENG1)
• Basic Safety (STCW95)
• Speaking fluently German
• Being of EU citizenship (mandatory!)
• BSN number, Dutch social security number (We can help you obtain those)
What you get:
• Working periods 2-3 months, preferable on a rotational, long term basis
• Fair salary (depending on your experience round about 1.400€/month net for the first rotation) + tip
• Sailing-Classics covers travel costs, accommodation, food, etc.
• You may join shore excursions every now and then as well as water sports
• A familial working atmosphere in a small team on board and a young and growing company
For more information please check https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/contact/jobs/
Sailing-Classics CV is based in the Netherlands, but there is a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany.
For questions and full application, please contact email@example.com