ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, SLAVERY ENDED A FEW CENTURIES AGO !!
27th Oct 2021
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Steward*ess on board its 3 sailing yachts
(Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m)
After a familiarisations phase, starting in May 2021, you will work as 1. Steward*ess on one of our sailing yachts. You are responsible for the smooth everyday operation of service/hotel department, management of inventory and lead a team of 2-3 Steward*esses. You should pro-actively see what needs to be done.
Teamwork is an absolute must as well as collaborating with other departments and helping in the galley.
Work experience - ideally on sailing/charter ships- is important as working under deck is a large part of the job.
You should have:
• Hospitable attitude, displaying knowledge of international etiquette in service.
• Good communication and organization skills
• Fast knowledge of, service, housekeeping, drinks (and wines is an advantage), restaurants and activities in cruising areas, table decorations, and table arrangements
• Energetic and flexible personality
• Attention to detail (cleaning, service)
• Multitasking and ability to work under stress
• Ability to overcome seasickness
Sailing-Classics runs yacht-sailing-cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean with 16-26 guests (cabin charter), combining authentic sailing without fixed schedule with great comfort and high-quality service (4 meals a day, good cuisine), water sports, excursions, etc.
As we are sailing continuously with guests, life on board requires a certain lifestyle. Every crewmember represents the company and is responsible for guests’ well-being. Workdays are intense and long. Board language is English (and German, as most guests are German speaking)
Having the following certificates is a big plus, but not mandatory:
• Seaman’s book (Monsterboekje) for seafarers
• Medical certificate (ENG1)
• Basic Safety (STCW95)
• Speaking fluently German
• Being of EU citizenship (mandatory!)
• BSN number, Dutch social security number (We can help you obtain those)
What you get:
• Working periods 2-3 months, preferable on a rotational, long term basis
• Fair salary (depending on your experience round about 1.400€/month net for the first rotation) + tip
• Sailing-Classics covers travel costs, accommodation, food, etc.
• You may join shore excursions every now and then as well as water sports
• A familial working atmosphere in a small team on board and a young and growing company
For more information please check https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/contact/jobs/
Sailing-Classics CV is based in the Netherlands, but there is a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany.
For questions and full application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Crew positionChief Steward/ess
Type of workRotational
Availability 3 Oct 2021 for the foreseeable future
Expenses to/from vesselPaid by skipper / boat owner
Expenses onboardPaid by skipper / boat owner
Team / SoloNot important
InterviewWhatever is convenient
We will arrange a date and time that is convenient for us both
We are looking for a First Mate for Sailing Classic vessels KAIROS with all relevant CoC's. Sailing experience is absolutely necessary; experience with charter guests would be a big advantage You should be familiar with all shipboard certificates and regulati...
Sailing Classics is looking for a hard-working bosun for the Sailing-Classic vessels (Chronos, Rhea or Kairos) with a CoC Rating Deck. Sailing experience on board commercial sailing vessels / tall ships/ mega-yachts and technical, hands-on skills are an absolu...
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Steward*ess on board its 3 sailing yachts (Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m) Together in a team of 3 Stewardesses you are responsible for the smooth everyday operation of service/hotel depar...
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Deckhand on board its 3 sailing yachts (Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m) Sailing experience is absolutely necessary; experience with charter guests would be a big advantage. MANDATORY Requ...
Sailing from General (Europe)
Sailing to General (Europe)
Language spoke aboardEnglish
Boat descriptionOur Ships: Kairos (38m, sailing since 2007) is Schooner-rigged; Chronos (54 m, 2013) Wishbone ketch, and Rhea (54m, 2017) Wishbone ketch. All vessels have a fisherman and are newly built at Ark Yachts shipyard in Turkey in the style of classic yachts. The vessels are certified as Dutch commercial cruising vessels, and sail under class survey. We operate year-round (approx. 15 days annual maintenance), cruising the Mediterranean in summers and the Caribbean in winters. One ship usually stops the Atlantic islands during the Atlantic crossings. Kairos Crew (6 pax): Captain, First Mate, Engineer, Bosun, Chef, 2 x Steward (ess) Chronos & Rhea Crew (9-10 pax): Captain, First Mate, Engineer, Bosun, Deckhand, Chef, 3 x Steward (ess), Host
This URL has automatically been copied to your clipboard.