Sydney to Whitsundays cruise
I'm looking for a free-spirit type who wants to share adventures sailing the east coast of Australia. I would prefer female crew. (There's no hidden agenda! Apologies to any guys who may be interested in crewing - it's just that M-F is usually more harmonious on a yacht.)
I live onboard my yacht in Broken Bay, Sydney. I have previously sailed the Whitsundays to Sydney trip solo, and I intend to sail to the islands again in early 2021. For now, I am looking for a sailing buddy to share local sailing - eg twilight racing at my local yacht club, or Pittwater to Sydney, or to Lake Macquarie / Port Stephens. I have visited these areas many times in the past - am always keen to go again... I have scuba tanks and all dive equipment on board.
I don't want the standard "me-Skipper / you-Crew" arrangement - I would like you to share sailing, decision-making, etc. Involvement and team-work is fun! Obviously, responsibility for safety and general duty of care will always be the Skipper's role.
Until the early March 2021 departure for Whitsundays, you would be welcome to stay on board, just contributing to the food fund.
- Some sailing experience would be great but is not necessary. Just be eager to learn and get involved.
- Good companionship, with a can-do attitude.
- I am responsible, and would expect the same.
- Have a sense of humour - let's have fun!
- The crew will be asked to make a contribution to food expenses only. The boat is my home anyway, so there's no need to contribute to maintenance costs, marina fees, etc.