Captain - Temporary / Seasonal - General (Caribbean)
Captain/Skipper with sailing experience
June 7 to Aug 21
SeaTrek BVI [url blocked] is seeking to fill the position of Captain/Skipper for the summer of 2021. Staff live and sail with junior high, high school and college age participants aboard 44’ to 48’ sailing catamarans in the British Virgin Islands. Staff are responsible for seeing that students follow through with all aspects of the program including sailing, scuba/marine science instruction, life aboard the ship and shore-based activities. Captains need to be energetic and motivated and have experience working with teens. This position is rigorous but very rewarding and requires a strong dedication to the students and the goals of the program. Captains are responsible for the safety of crew/students, basic boat maintenance, teaching sailing/boat handling, facilitation of group dynamics onboard his/her boat, and planning of activities that challenge the students.
· Experience working with teenagers in an educational camp setting, with special consideration given to residential (sleep-away) experience
· Outstanding references (will be checked)
· First Aid and CPR certifications
· Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Team oriented
· Strong work ethic
· A love of marine science, sailing, the sea, and working with teenagers
Preference given to those with:
· USCG Captains License
· Outdoor Education experience
· Team-teaching experience
· Equipment/engine maintenance skills
· Experience teaching water sports (skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing or kayaking)
· Per voyage compensation negotiable depending on experience
· Round trip transportation from nearest major airport to Tortola, BVI
· Reimbursement of ¼ Scuba Instructor Insurance or ½ Divemaster Insurance after summer program ends if so certified.
· Temporary work permit required by the BVI government
· All on board expenses.
If interested, contact Capt. Monk Daniel [email address blocked] with cover letter, resume w/photo, and two references.