ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, SLAVERY ENDED A FEW CENTURIES AGO !!
27th Oct 2021
Sailing Classics is looking for a hard-working bosun for the Sailing-Classic vessels (Chronos, Rhea or Kairos) with a CoC Rating Deck. Sailing experience on board commercial sailing vessels / tall ships/ mega-yachts and technical, hands-on skills are an absolute must. Experience in ship maintenance, rigging, and sail making, as well as experience with charter guests is a big plus. You are positive and work well in teams. You also have a pro-active and professional approach to your job and get things done.
MANDATORY Requirements (as per safe manning):
• Seaman’s book
• Valid Medical Certificate (ENG1)
• Valid Basic Safety certificate (STCW’95)
• STWC Certificate of Competency (CoC) Rating Deck forming part of Navigational Watch (it has to be exactly this certificate, an equivalent is not an option!)
All crew is employed in the Netherlands and must have /obtain:
• Dutch Social Security number (BSN or Sofi-number)
• Dutch Health Insurance
(We can help you optain those)
Sailing-Classics runs yacht-sailing-cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean with 16-26 guests (cabin charter), combining authentic sailing without fixed schedule with great comfort and high-quality service (4 meals a day, good cuisine), water sports, excursions, etc.
As we are sailing continuously with guests, life on board requires a certain lifestyle. Every crewmember represents the company and is responsible for guests’ well-being. Workdays are intense and long. Board language is English (and German, as most guests are German speaking)
Under the command of captain and First mate, the bosun is in charge to organize the team of deckhands during sailing maneuvers and ship maintenance. The ships use the maintenance system MARAD allowed, but only at the rear-deck behind the steering wheel.
Maintenance and up-keeping work is on-going during charters. Depending on the captain in charge and crew on board, your tasks, amongst others, include:
• Contact with guests (involve them in sailing, safety briefings, basic sailing lessons, etc)
• Dinghy tenders with guests and crew
• Navigational watches during sailing
• Anchor watches according to schedule
• Handle sails, anchors, ropes, fenders, etc.
• Have practical overview of tasks on deck / bosun’s store
• Organize and maintain deck and equipment, bosun's store and all maintenance equipment
• Cleaning deck, hull, tenders, and the whole vessels’ exterior.
• Polish stainless steel, painting & varnishing • Assist in galley with dishes / food preparation
• Take care of the garbage from galley, bar, and exterior.
• Assist the engineer and service team (with cleaning, luggage, shopping)
• Working with maintenance software MARAD
• Take part in trainings and safety drills
• Know your task on the muster list
• Make suggestions for improvements, notify captain about complaints
• Notify captain when going on break or to shore
• Be present during the introductions and farewells of our guests.
What you get:
•Working periods 2-3 months, preferable on a rotational, long term basis
•Fair salary (about 1.400€/month net) + tip
•Sailing-Classics covers travel costs, accommodation, food, etc.
•You may join shore excursions every now and then as well as water sports
•A familial working atmosphere in a small team on board and a young and growing company
For more information please check https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/contact/jobs/
Sailing-Classics CV is based in the Netherlands, but there is a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany.
For questions and full application, please contact email@example.com
Type of workRotational
Availability 5 Jan 2022 for the foreseeable future
Expenses to/from vesselPaid by skipper / boat owner
Expenses onboardPaid by skipper / boat owner
Team / SoloNot important
InterviewWhatever is convenient
We will arrange a date and time that is convenient for us both
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Steward*ess on board its 3 sailing yachts (Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m) After a familiarisations phase, starting in May 2021, you will work as 1. Steward*ess on one of our sailing yacht...
We are looking for a First Mate for Sailing Classic vessels KAIROS with all relevant CoC's. Sailing experience is absolutely necessary; experience with charter guests would be a big advantage You should be familiar with all shipboard certificates and regulati...
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Steward*ess on board its 3 sailing yachts (Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m) Together in a team of 3 Stewardesses you are responsible for the smooth everyday operation of service/hotel depar...
Sailing-Classics is looking for an experienced Deckhand on board its 3 sailing yachts (Schooner KAIROS 38m; ketch CHRONOS & RHEA each 54m) Sailing experience is absolutely necessary; experience with charter guests would be a big advantage. MANDATORY Requ...
Sailing from General (Europe)
Sailing to General (Europe)
Language spoke aboardEnglish
Boat descriptionOur Ships: Kairos (38m, sailing since 2007) is Schooner-rigged; Chronos (54 m, 2013) Wishbone ketch, and Rhea (54m, 2017) Wishbone ketch. All vessels have a fisherman and are newly built at Ark Yachts shipyard in Turkey in the style of classic yachts. The vessels are certified as Dutch commercial cruising vessels, and sail under class survey. We operate year-round (approx. 15 days annual maintenance), cruising the Mediterranean in summers and the Caribbean in winters. One ship usually stops the Atlantic islands during the Atlantic crossings. Kairos Crew (6 pax): Captain, First Mate, Engineer, Bosun, Chef, 2 x Steward (ess) Chronos & Rhea Crew (9-10 pax): Captain, First Mate, Engineer, Bosun, Deckhand, Chef, 3 x Steward (ess), Host
This URL has automatically been copied to your clipboard.