Bosun - Rotational - €1400 - General (Europe)
Sailing Classics is looking for a hard-working bosun for the Sailing-Classic vessels (Chronos, Rhea or Kairos) with a CoC Rating Deck. Sailing experience on board commercial sailing vessels / tall ships/ mega-yachts and technical, hands-on skills are an absolute must. Experience in ship maintenance, rigging, and sail making, as well as experience with charter guests is a big plus. You are positive and work well in teams. You also have a pro-active and professional approach to your job and get things done.
MANDATORY Requirements (as per safe manning):
• Seaman’s book
• Valid Medical Certificate (ENG1)
• Valid Basic Safety certificate (STCW’95)
• STWC Certificate of Competency (CoC) Rating Deck forming part of Navigational Watch (it has to be exactly this certificate, an equivalent is not an option!)
All crew is employed in the Netherlands and must have /obtain:
• Dutch Social Security number (BSN or Sofi-number)
• Dutch Health Insurance
(We can help you optain those)
Sailing-Classics runs yacht-sailing-cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean with 16-26 guests (cabin charter), combining authentic sailing without fixed schedule with great comfort and high-quality service (4 meals a day, good cuisine), water sports, excursions, etc.
As we are sailing continuously with guests, life on board requires a certain lifestyle. Every crewmember represents the company and is responsible for guests’ well-being. Workdays are intense and long. Board language is English (and German, as most guests are German speaking)
Under the command of captain and First mate, the bosun is in charge to organize the team of deckhands during sailing maneuvers and ship maintenance. The ships use the maintenance system MARAD allowed, but only at the rear-deck behind the steering wheel.
Maintenance and up-keeping work is on-going during charters. Depending on the captain in charge and crew on board, your tasks, amongst others, include:
• Contact with guests (involve them in sailing, safety briefings, basic sailing lessons, etc)
• Dinghy tenders with guests and crew
• Navigational watches during sailing
• Anchor watches according to schedule
• Handle sails, anchors, ropes, fenders, etc.
• Have practical overview of tasks on deck / bosun’s store
• Organize and maintain deck and equipment, bosun's store and all maintenance equipment
• Cleaning deck, hull, tenders, and the whole vessels’ exterior.
• Polish stainless steel, painting & varnishing • Assist in galley with dishes / food preparation
• Take care of the garbage from galley, bar, and exterior.
• Assist the engineer and service team (with cleaning, luggage, shopping)
• Working with maintenance software MARAD
• Take part in trainings and safety drills
• Know your task on the muster list
• Make suggestions for improvements, notify captain about complaints
• Notify captain when going on break or to shore
• Be present during the introductions and farewells of our guests.
What you get:
•Working periods 2-3 months, preferable on a rotational, long term basis
•Fair salary (about 1.400€/month net) + tip
•Sailing-Classics covers travel costs, accommodation, food, etc.
•You may join shore excursions every now and then as well as water sports
•A familial working atmosphere in a small team on board and a young and growing company
For more information please check https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/contact/jobs/
Sailing-Classics CV is based in the Netherlands, but there is a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany.
For questions and full application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org