Experienced Skipper-boat owner-mechanic-electrician willing to crew in summer 2020 in Northern Europe or Canada
Summer in Greece is too hot for me and too crowded. So, I will sail in the Greek islands from April to June on my boat and then I will leave her in the marina and I will crew in higher latitudes.
This is my profile as a boat owner looking for crew (with references from my crew):
I consider myself a good skipper/boat owner and a competent self taught marine mechanic/electrician. My boat has been my laboratory for the last 20 years where I have made numerous improvements and additions. I can fix most faults without resorting to professional help.
With the help of a good toolbox I can probably fix problems on your yacht too, provided she is not too high tech, too sophisticated or everything is hidden behind digital dashboards.
I have already done an Atlantic crossing some years ago and I had sailed in Greece, in England, in Scotland and from Colombia to Panama city through the Panama Canal as a skipper or a significant crew member and always fixing failures and starting stubborn engines.
I also have a significant experience in boat hitch-hiking both as host (skipper) or guest (crew).
Qualifications and relevant sailing/technical/weather knowledge and experience:
• National sailing Diploma since 1996
• More than 20 years of sailing experience as a boat owner (monohull 41 feet) and as a professional or recreational skipper, sailing mostly single handed or with inexperienced charterers.
• 8 years full time sailing instructor,
• Degree in meteorology and 12 years working experience as an officer in the Greek Air Force where I was a forecaster meteorologist and have retired
• Significant knowledge and experience in boat maintenance and repairs including hull, mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, rigging, RO watermakers, outboards, bow/stern thrusters, solar panels, chargers, inverters, batteries, etc.
• I hold the following RYA qualifications, VHF/DSC radio, First Aid and participated in the Yachtmaster (theory and Practical) exam preparatory course in England (Solent).
• I have done more than 10,000 quality miles at sea as a skipper or crew.
I also enjoy grilling and cooking.
Healthy, non smoker, non drinker. I speak English and German.
Thank you for reading. I hope to hear from you.