Skipper RYA Yachtmaster Offshore - Delivery Crew. Looking for deliveries in Europe / Atlantic crossing / Caribbean.
Seeking a Captain’s position aboard a sailing yacht where I can utilize my experience managing all aspect of running a yacht : safety, management, budget, yacht maintenance, repairs, and passage planning.
Deliverys on a S/Y 70ft Baltic :
• Atlantic crossing : La Coruna (Spain) – Newport (USA)
• Shetland islands– Southampton (UK)
• Porto (Portugal)– Antibes (France)
Delivery of a motor sailor from Port Ghalib (Egypt) to Rhodos (Greece).
Catamaran delivery Camargue to Canet en Roussillon.
Extensive sail chartering in the Mediterranean.
+ 10'000 NM
- I have been sailing since I was a child with dinghies and monohull races.
- Trim the sails right to sail faster, heel less, point higher and make less leeway for a safe passage.
- Competent tender driver with experience driving outboard and inboard tenders up to 10m in length.
- With my Mechanical engineer background, I’m very hands on and can fix most things that break or figure out a work around.
- I’m reliable, easy to get along with, funny, adventurous, can-do attitude and a professional team player.
- Fluent in French, English and Swedish, as well have a basic understanding of German.
- Living in the mountains of Verbier, skiing, mountain biking and hiking keeps me in good physical shape.
- My motto : Respect for the ocean, safety of the crew and vessel.
In my life I have worked as an entrepreneur and currently as Project Manager (renovation of a high-end hotel).
- RYA Yachtmaster offshore, plus the theory
- PPR, Professional Practices and Responsibilities
- Swedish Yachtmaster
- Diving certification
- Mechanical engineer
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.