experienced crew member
I am an experienced crew member (sailed 64 000 NM), who is looking for a full time (or seasonal job) on a sailing or motor yacht.
This year I’ve been working on 98 and 62 ft motorboats.
I'll be available since October.
Since Dec of 2014 I’ve worked on a family owned 60 feet sailing catamaran Like aBreeze, OQS, which has accommodated often the owners' friends and business partners in addition the longer crossings.
Tasks: as 1st mate, a deckhand, watchkeeper, stew, navigator, accountant, chef, etc
- preparation of the sailing plans for short and long distances, navigation
- working out the cruising plans for the holidays
- organizing local tours and other social events
- cooking up to 10 people, provisioning
- tasks of stewardess
- repair of sails, upholstery…
- accounting, budget running
- can help with: snorkeling, SUP, wakeboard, diving etc
- sailing with the boat owners and with the guests, generally 8 people aboard
- or deliveries with 2-4 people
As the cat, where I've worked for 5 years, will get the bigger refit and the boat's owner has a plan to sell her after a refit, so now.
Previously I lived aboard a sailboat with my partner for 4 years (40feet Moody).
Before that, I worked in the financial sector for 20 years and now I've sailed on the world's seas 9 years.
I have an adult daughter who is graduated with the master degree of New York Film Academy, she is living and working in Los Angeles (a film producer in CBS Studios).
You can find more detailed information from my CV.
Feel free to contact me if you require further information.
I'll be in Europe at the end of April.
Driving License, International Certificate of Competence (ICC) RYA, STCW 95, Private Pilot License (ULAPL), Diving License (OWD); B1/B2 visa, ENG1, HACCP level 2, Food Safety Certificate