experienced crew member
I am an experienced crew member looking for a full time, or seasonal, position on a sailing or motor yacht (I have sailed 64,000 NM). This past year I’ve been working as deck/stew/chef on 98 ft and 62 ft motorboats.
I worked on a family-owned 60 foot sailing catamaran “Like aBreeze” for 5 years. That vessel often accommodated the owners, friends, and business partners, as well as frequent charter guests. Passages included several trans-Atlantic crossings, as well as trans-Pacific from Panama to New Zealand via many Pacific islands along the way.
During that time I have filled many positions, such as full-charge deckhand, stewardess, chef, 1st mate, watchkeeper, navigator, accountant, etc. Other tasks and responsibilities included;
- preparation of the sailing plans for short and long distances, navigation
- working out the cruising plans for the holidays
- organizing local tours and other social events
- provisioning for both short-term and extended voyages
- preparation of gourmet meals for up to 10 people
- repair of sails, upholstery…
- accounting and budgeting
- assisting with: snorkeling, SUP, wakeboard, diving etc
- sailing with the boat owners and with the guests
- and occasional deliveries with 2-4 people
Prior to this I lived aboard a 40’ Moody monohull sailboat for 4 years, including voyages throughout the Western Mediterranean, Baltic Sea, Caribbean and South American destinations.
After working in the European financial sector for 20 years, I've sailed on the world's seas for the past 10 years.
International Certificate of Competence (ICC) RYA, STCW 95, Driving License, Private Pilot License (ULAPL), Diving License (OWD); B1/B2 visa, ENG1, HACCP Level 2, Food Safety Certificate
I have an adult daughter who is graduated with the master degree of New York Film Academy, she is living and working in Los Angeles (a film producer in CBS Studios).
You can find more detailed information in my CV.
Feel free to contact me if you require further information.