experienced crew member
I am an experienced crew member (sailed 64 000 NM), who is looking for a full time or seasonal job on a sailing or motor yacht.
Since Dec of 2014 I’ve worked on a family owned 60 feet catamaran Like aBreeze, OQS, which has accommodated often the owners' friends and business partners in addition the longer crossings.
Tasks: as a deckhand - watch keeper - chef - stew -navigator - accountant etc,
- 1st mate, deckhand, watch keeper
- preparation of the sailing plans for short and long distances, navigation
- working out the cruising plans for the holidays
- organizing the local tours and other social events
- cooking up to 10 people, provisioning
- tasks of stewardess
- repair of sails, upholstery…
- accounting, budget running
- can help with: snorkeling, SUP, wakeboard, diving etc
- sailing with the boat owners and with the guests, generally 8 people aboard
- or deliveries with 2-4 people
Previously I lived on board a sailboat with my partner for 4 years (40feet Moody).
Before that, I worked in the financial sector for 20 years and now I've sailed on the world's seas 9 years.
As the cat, where I've worked for 5 years, will get the bigger refit and the boat's owner has a plan to sell her after refit, so I’m available since February 2020.
I have an adult daughter who is graduated with the master degree of New York Film Academy, she is living and working in Los Angeles (a film producer in CBS Studios).
I would be happy to continue with my career on the seas.