Looking for a Friendship, Competent Crew or Voluntary work position
[New Zealand/Fiji/Australia/French Polynesia/Cook Islands/Samoa/Tahiti]
Ahoy fellow sailors!
I am looking for a boat to crew on in January!
What am I looking for?
- A sailing trip traversing the Coral Sea, Tasman Sea or Pacific for about a week or two in the NZ, Vanuata, Fiji, Australia, Samoa, French Polynesia or Cook Islands or the like.
- Preferably a one-way leg crossing.
- Departure dates between December 23 and early February
Who am I?
-A fun loving 30 year-old Dutch sailor that wants to experience sailing in the Pacific
- Relaxed and tidy
- Up for reading a book in quiet or play games together, easily fit in various social settings
- Most recent sail was 2 weeks in Greece island hopping in July/August on a 66-foot steel sailing
- Son of a former Director of the Dutch Naval Rescue Association
- Pretty decent cook and happy to get my hands dirty on the boat helping with whatever needs to be done
- Sailing camps as a kid on all sorts of boats
- Sailed with neighbors and friends in Dutch, Spanish and Greek waters on both fully hand sailed boats as well as electronically supported vessels (RayMarine autopilot functions, electrical winches etc.)
- Acquainted with RayMarine and similar systems for navigation
- Inland and Coastal waters certified (rules, manual navigation in tidal areas, reading maps etc.)
Hoping something is out there, please message me!